Paul's United Church is not only one of the largest churches in Brampton, it is the oldest. Located at 30 Main Street South in downtown Brampton, this Second Primitive Methodist Church was dedicated on June 6, 1885.
The frame is constructed of limestone hewn from the Credit Valley quarries owned by Kenneth Chisholm near Cheltenham. This Credit Valley stone was also used for the building of the Original Union Station The St. Paul's United Church roof was made from multicoloured slate. Large stained glass windows in the north, south, and west ends of the building display a fine decorative pattern. The building became home to the Methodists when they joined the United Church of Canada 1925.
|The stonework is a marvel.|
|The church organ has over 2000 tubes|
The stained glass windows are an incrdedible sight. Every 50 or 60 years the windows have to be send away for re-leading. because lead is soft and the glass is so heavy, the windows actually begin to sag.
|A Time Of Reflection|